How To Lose 10 Pounds In A Month
Updated: Mar 27
Reaching your goals can be a big challenge, regardless of how much weight you want to lose. However, taking it one step at a time and making a few minor changes to your diet and lifestyle can make weight loss much more manageable. By making small changes to your daily routine, you can safely lose up to 10 pounds in just one month hitting your goals quickly and easily.
Here are 10 simple steps to drop 10 lbs in a single month:
#1 Eat Well
- Cook with real whole foods - Eat 20-30 grams of high quality protein at breakfast, lunch, and dinner - Don't snack! Eat three perfectly balanced meals a day - this one is a game changer! - Eat more vegetables to stay full - Hydrate with 8 cups of water daily
#2 Move More
- Get 20-30 minutes of exercise most days of the week. The more you move, the better you'll feel and the faster you'll reach your goals. - Find activities you love to do! If you're enjoying the activities you're doing, you're much more likely to stick to with them. - Try Resistance training or HIIT workouts - These can be short and effective! - Walk as much as you can. Park further away from the store, take the stairs more and aim to get 10k steps each day.
#3 Be Mindful
- Slow down and enjoy every bite! - Sleep well (7-9 hours each night) - Stay accountable; find someone with similar goals to keep you inspired and motivated. - Track your progress; use a journal to record your journey and stay on track.
#4 Cook More at Home
Unless you cook your own food, there's no way to truly know what goes into the meal.
"If you want to be healthy, you have to cook. If you want your family to be healthy, you have to cook. To really know what's in your food, you have to cook."
#5 Eat Protein
- Protein helps keep you full, builds lean muscle, slows muscle loss, and curbs your hunger. - Eating a serving of protein at every meal is an effective weight management strategy to satisfy hunger and stay satiated until your next meal. - Ensure you get 20-30 grams of high quality protein at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
#6 Don't Snack
- Say goodbye to snacking and hello to 3 perfectly balanced meals a day to support your weight management goals. - Results have shown that eliminating snacking also helps rebuild your relationship with food. - Being hungry 30 minutes before a meal is normal and healthy - When you are not eating every few hours, you start to understand when your body actually feels hungry and helps you to eat mindfully. - I know you might be thinking you can't not snack and you're not alone. Giving up snacking is the biggest change for most people BUT provides the greatest benefit!
#7 Eat More Veggies and Fruits
- Every meal must contain an abundance of fruit and veggies that fill 1/2 of your plate. - They are lower in calories than many other food choices, are rich in nutrients, and feature powerful antioxidants. - Vegetables and fruit help you stay full according to the principle of volumetrics, which highlights the value of eating nutrient dense foods that provide the most volume of food with the lowest number of calories.
- Staying properly hydrated is important for good health - Water makes up almost 60% of our body and is essential for life - It helps regulate body temperature, boosts metabolism, lubricates joints, and flushes waste, (less bloating). - Consume 2 litres or more of water daily.
#9 Enjoy 2-3 Meals a Week GUILT FREE!
- I believe healthy eating follows the 80/20 rule. - This means eating real, minimally processed foods most of the time (80%) and saving some room (20%) to enjoy the not so healthy foods you love or dinner out. - Alcohol fits into the 20% and should be limited to no more than 5 drinks per week when trying to hit your weight loss goals - Keep in mind how you feel when you are on track and eating well and try not to sabotage your hard work by taking the 20% too far
#10 Move more throughout the day
- Even when you’re running short on time and can’t squeeze in a full workout, adding small amounts of activity can chip away at body weight. - Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) refers to the calories your body burns throughout the day by doing regular non-exercise activities like gardening, walking, dancing or even fidgeting. - It’s estimated that NEAT may account for up to 50% of the total number of calories you burn each day, though this number can vary quite a bit depending on your activity level. - Making a few modifications to your daily routine can bump up calorie burning to speed up weight loss with minimal effort. - Parking farther back in the parking lot, using the stairs instead of the elevator, taking a walk during your lunch break, aiming for 10K steps a day and stretching when you wake or before bed are a few simple ways to add more movement to your day.
These 10 steps will help you hit your fat loss and lean body goals fast!
If it feels overwhelming to do them all at once, start by adding 1-2 habits at a time. Each week you can add in one more and before you know it, you'll be hitting your goals.
Be sure to comment below and let me know what change(s) you're going to start with.
I love hearing from you and learning what your goals are!
- Tammy xo
P.S. Whenever you're ready, here are 2 ways I can help you stop dieting and get a Fit, Strong and healthy body you love.
1. Join my Fit Moms Club facebook group to learn simple fat Loss nutrition & exercise tips.
It's my FREE online community for Awesome Moms who want to lose the weight for good without restrictive diets and being miserable - Join Here
2. Work with me Privately. If you would like to work with me personally to lose 12-24 pounds in the next 90 days you can apply for a FREE breakthrough session here - Apply Now